Friday, October 14, 2011

A Different Kind of Grilled Cheese

Every so often, when I'm feeling particularly lazy and/or tired after work, my husband and I just have good ole grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for dinner, which, of course, is really easy and quick to put together (as well as tasty).

To break up the monotony of your standard grilled cheese, I decided to try something new and just threw together some ingredients I had around the kitchen. The recipe is below. Please note that I did not include amounts of each ingredient because I feel it will vary depending on individual taste and on the amount of sandwiches being made. Enjoy!

Grilled Brie Sandwich
whole wheat, multigrain, or ciabatta bread
sliced brie cheese
chopped sundried tomatoes
slivered almonds (toasted would be good as well)
homemade or jarred pesto or sundried tomato pesto
grated parmesan

Spread the inside of one or both slices of bread with a thin layer of pesto. Add ingredients to the sandwich in the desired amounts; sprinkle with grated parmesan. Toast in a skillet coated with butter.

Kitchen Tip: A Forman grill is virtually the same as a panini maker. Lightly butter the grill of a Forman grill and use it to make toasted paninis!

No comments:

Post a Comment